Study Vision values your privacy
Study Vision considers the guarding of your privacy as of the utmost importance. This document states our policy on maintaining your privacy and handling your personal information.
Reasons for collecting information
Study Vision collects personal information which is necessary to conduct business with you. Study Vision and its associates and Supervisors may use your personal or business information and information you have supplied for purposes including to:
- Identify you and to provide better client service to you
- Perform authorised financial transactions with you.
- Operate our business as it applies to you
- Keep you informed about Study Vision products and services and those of relevant business partners.
- Participate in the process of any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets.
- Protect our lawful interests.
- Fulfil legal and regulatory obligations.
We may not be able to do these things, or those outlined below (under ‘How we use and disclose your information’), without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to manage Application Registration, Homestay Placements or process any money transactions. In certain circumstances we may collect ‘sensitive information’ about you, your home, and your household, such as photos of your house taken during our home inspections, or photos emailed to us by yourself or members of your household; also, your Personal details(and your parents and members of your family and household), your credit card and bank details, membership of a union or professional association. Some privacy laws regulate the handling of sensitive information but may allow us to collect that information in some circumstances such as where you provide it voluntarily or otherwise consent to us collecting it.
How we use and disclose your information
Study Vision uses and discloses your personal information both gathered by us and the information you supply in many ways necessary for us to do business. For example:
- Provide students support: by which we help students overseas make an informed decision on whether to accept or reject a Study Vision’s offer of a Homestay Placement. When Study Vision provides to a student an “Offer of a Homestay”, we provide some information about the offered Homestay Hosts (including the family members) for example: their work, interest, etc.; and a description of the Host family’s home (address, contact details, location), their pets, whether family members have valid “Working With Children Checks” etc. This is indispensable information for students and their parents to make a decision to allow their sons or daughters to live at a Homestay in Australia.
- Client Support and Company files activation: to establish in our Database an archived record of each student who applies to Study Vision and seeks our services; and each Homestay Host who ever applied to become part of the Study Vision’s Homestay Program. This allows Study Vision to fully document all necessary information to conduct our business by liaising between the Homestay Hosts and the students.
- Transactional services: records of Client’s (Hosts, students, Parents, Agents, Institution)credit cards and bank details (account name, BSB and account numbers) are part of Study Vision’s daily life. They are necessary to provide payments for our services and due Fees; and allow Study Vision to do internet money transfers for paying rents, refunds, commissions and other payments due.
- Photos and Video Clips obtained about your Home, including photos of family members and pets. Study Vision routinely collects many photos from our Host families. Our archives include literary tens of thousands of Homestay photos. During home inspections, we take photos of your home, the bedrooms allocated for international students to live in, the common areas of the house (lounge, dining room, backyard, etc.) and your pets. Occasionally, we obtain photos of your family members and/or a short video clip of you saying things like “Welcome to our Homestay”, etc. All our photo archive is treated with utmost care and confidentiality. It is only for viewing to students or parents overseas who are curious to see the host family and the home where their daughters or sons will live in when they arrive to Australia. If you have concerns about this use of the photos or video clips obtained, please let us know immediately in writing by email, and we will be glad to follow your instructions and whether you want us to delete any, or restrict their viewing or whatever other restrictions or limits you instruct us to adopt to your media content in our archives. In absence of any written instructions from you, we will continue to use this material for public viewing to our clients and web site guests.
Homestay Services promotion
Study Vision may contact you about service upgrades and to inform you of new services relevant to your Homestay activities, including special offers. A number of laws are in place to limit direct marketing activity and you may notify us at any time that you do not want to receive any marketing communications from Study Vision.
Aggregated data that contains no information specific to a particular individual or business may be shared with our business partners, for example, aggregated statistical trends in a particular geographical sector such as numbers of applications from Chinese, Singaporean or Thai students for Homestay Placements in Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane, etc.
Disclosure to third parties
We may provide your personal information to our related bodies corporate and our service providers who assist us with client contact, archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, banking, delivery, data processing, automated communications, website or technology services. Some of the third parties described above including our service providers may be located in the United States, Singapore or other countries. You acknowledge that while these parties will often be subject to other confidentiality or privacy obligations, they may not in all cases be subject to the specific requirements of Australian or New Zealand privacy laws.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.
Study Vision website
Many useful services are currently available at Study Vision websites and more services are being planned. Your information gives you authorised access so that you can update your personal information, access online help or perform financial transactions. Our web sites may contain links to other sites belonging to other parties and which are beyond the control of Study Vision.
Please note that we cannot vouch or be responsible for the privacy practices of non-Study Vision sites. Study Vision also uses Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to analyse trends, administer our websites, track your navigation in and out of Study Vision web pages and gather broad information for aggregate use. Our web servers may also send cookies to your browser to track navigation history and ensure transaction pages and credit card payment pages work correctly. Cookies contain only coded information that cannot be used by third parties to access your confidential information. Most browsers allow you to adjust settings to erase cookies, disallow cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is set. Please note that some parts of Study Vision websites may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
Personal information that is held by Study Vision is protected by a range of security measures. For example, Study Vision web pages that request sensitive information may employ encryption technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
You can confirm that any Study Vision data-entry page uses encryption by checking that: the page address in the Web browser’s tool bar or status bar begins with https://, or the padlock icon in the web browser’s tool bar or status bar is locked. If you are considering sending us any personal information through unencrypted electronic means (e.g. standard email), please be aware that the information may be less secure in transit. We are subject to a number of laws requiring us to protect the security of personal information once it comes into our possession. If you are a registered user of any Study Vision website, access to your account may be controlled by a username and password chosen by you. To prevent unauthorised access, you should choose a strong password and keep it protected from others.
Study Vision is also committed to protecting your information offline. All of your personal and business information, not just sensitive information, is subject to access controls among our managers and staff.
Information access and correction
Feedback and concerns
Please contact us as set out below if you have any feedback or concerns about privacy. Where you express any concerns that we have interfered with your privacy, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.